Laser Cosmetic Surgery
Are you looking for a medical procedure that enhances your looks? Dr. Roy Chio, a cosmetic laser surgeon, recommends laser surgery. This type of surgery uses laser light to remove diseased tissues, wrinkles, skin burns, and warts.
Lasers are devices that emit highly powered and focused light radiation in a single wavelength such as red light or blue light.The light beam color to be used depends on the type of surgery to be carried out, and the tissue's color. Below are the various types of laser cosmetic surgeries.
1) Laser Skin Resurfacing - Cosmetic laser surgery is used to reduce wrinkles close to the eyes, lip and general face. Lasers also remove blemishes facial hair, and unwanted facial color.
2) Removal of Abnormal Skin Growth or Appearance
Laser surgeons can remove abnormal blood vessels that cause Port Wine birthmarks during cosmetic surgery. Tattoos, facial warts can be treated by laser surgery too.
Since facial surgeons use the least laser beam intensity, some growths take more than one treatment to complete. You should, therefore, consult your doctor on the best type of laser treatment; for example, one of the best surgeons to seek advice from is Dr. Roy Chio, who also offers outpatient services.
3) Laser Hair Transplants - Cosmetic surgery surgeons use lasers to prepare areas to plant the hair.
4) New Lasers - New types of lasers are coming up nowadays; it is best to ask about any latest developments that might be suitable for your skin. Your skin might require special care when undergoing Laser treatment.
What to Look For
1) Your surgeon should explain his laser choice and its advantages. Just like other surgeries, laser surgery has its limitations and benefits.
2) Before surgery, the area to be treated is numbed using anesthetic. Dr. Chio can advise you on the best laser surgery treatment as well as the safety precautions to take. Remember that any surgery is a delicate procedure.
Side Effects of Laser Surgery
1) Skin redness and swelling might occur. Dr. Roy Chio advises that you use antibiotic ointments. Follow all the post laser surgery advice of a surgeon. That includes keeping away from the sun or using sun blocks.
2) Side effects of laser treatment for vascular deformities may take more than a month to occur, although that is unlikely. Dr. Chio may advise you whether you need more than one session and how long each one will take.
Laser surgery done purely for cosmetic reasons may not be covered by your insurance. You should check with your insurance provider on what they cover in laser surgery. Many people prefer laser surgery because it is non-invasive, and you do not need to take a day off from work to heal after surgery.